Over the years Dr. Marcey has developed skills for treating a wide variety of clients and issues, including:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Grief counseling, particularly for sudden deaths
- Mood disorders
- Stress and anger management
- Parenting skills training
- Panic Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) clients
- Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia, as well as their family members
- Chronic illness
- Oppositional teenagers
- Learning disabled and ADD/ADHD students
She employs a variety of therapeutic techniques in her sessions including - but not limited to:
- Cognitive Behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy
- Gottman Method for couples counseling.
- Pet-friendly environment using trained therapy dogs
- Equine and farm therapy also available.
Please note that Dr. Marcey no longer performs formal psychological evaluations or testing. She also no longer offers court testimony or competency exams.